cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!! - ST10F269 Fails to Enter BSL...Help - !!!

chuck
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2009 at 02:16

!!! - ST10F269 Fails to Enter BSL...Help - !!!

7 REPLIES 7
chuck
Associate II
Posted on October 10, 2008 at 15:54

I am working on a production board that needs the flash modified. We are trying to use ST10Flasher but are having problems. My RXD0 and TXD0 lines are running through a TTL/CMOS-level to RS-232 transceiver and everything is wired correctly. The problem is that the MCU fails to enter bootstrap mode. I attached a permanent 8k ohm resistor to P0L.4 and the pin is pulling down correctly. However as soon as I energize the MCU, it goes to watchdog...the bootstrap loader never runs. I assume this is because I have some other pin in an invalid state for the BSL. Again, this is a production board. Can someone give some advice? What other pins could cause BSL to fail and raise watchdog error? If I remove the pull-down on P0L.4, the MCU boots normal code perfectly, it's just an issue with BSL.

chuck
Associate II
Posted on October 11, 2008 at 22:02

I have also removed pull-downs from P0L.0 and P0L.1 (Emu and Adapt mode). I am going to check EA and single chip mode next.

chuck
Associate II
Posted on October 12, 2008 at 18:09

EA pin does not matter if high or low, same results either way. I'm baffled because it just goes directly to watchdog and does not load BSL no matter how pins P0L.0, P0L.1, nor /EA are set. Again the chip boots fine in normal mode when I release P0L.4.

chuck
Associate II
Posted on October 15, 2008 at 03:59

I found out that a second MCU which controls power to the board was holding RSTIN low, now the unit gets into BSL however when I sent 0x00 to the unit to start the BSL baud calculation, I rarely get back 0xD5, usually I get garbage. I'm not sure where to look next but for some reason TXD0 is not in sync with my PC system. I think some clock or something is off -anyone have any advice?

chuck
Associate II
Posted on October 16, 2008 at 17:43

I figured out that I had a bad CMOS/TTL to RS-232 transceiver on the RXD0 line. Once I replaced that, I was able to get good I/O to the board however I can't dump the flash in ST10Flasher due to an error ''LoadExternalFlashMonitor: target Not found'' -any advice?

chuck
Associate II
Posted on October 17, 2008 at 02:33

I downgraded to ST10Flasher 2.02 and it resolved the problem. My issues are completely resolved. Thank you.

gontsov
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2009 at 02:16

So Previouse releas is working better than current one?..

I'll check it on my application, I've got some reading troubles too.

[ This message was edited by: gontsov on 15-01-2009 06:51 ]