csiusa
Associate II
Posted on November 07, 2008 at 13:10

Library Example: NVIC_Init causes HardFaultException

3 REPLIES 3
csiusa
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 12:48

I built the example provided in the Firmware Library titled AnalogWatchdog (supposed to use the ADC and interrupts) from the ADC examples, and the example never gets through the NVIC_Init() function. The code is:

/* Configure and enable ADC interrupt */

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannel = ADC1_2_IRQChannel;

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannelPreemptionPriority = 0;

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannelSubPriority = 0;

NVIC_InitStructure.NVIC_IRQChannelCmd = ENABLE;

NVIC_Init(&NVIC_InitStructure);

Does anybody get this to run correctly and successfully set a breakpoint in the interrupt routine stm32f10x_it.c:ADC1_2_IRQHandler()? The only interrupt I seem to be able to get this example to stop in is the HardFaultException() exception which is triggered when the example calls the NVIC_Init() library function. I am attempting to run this on an STM3210E-EVAL board.

CC

[ This message was edited by: csiusa on 13-10-2008 18:28 ]

ryan1
Associate

I am also seeing the Hard Fault Exception when calling NVIC_Init() (different application though). I think the exception is generated when the NVIC_Init function tries to access the SCB->AIRCR variable. I've only noticed this after upgrading to the latest version of the ST firmware library.

csiusa
Associate II

Finally got this going (now quite some time ago). It seems to have been that a COMPLETE build needed to be done under RIDE7. Guess using the ''make'' icon vs. rt-click, build on the project does things differently. So it was lack of familiarity with the IDE.

CC