Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU Bootloader

jdcowpland
Associate II
Posted on June 17, 2014 at 10:53

Hi folks,

I have ST's Flash Loader Demo application for programming via a UART and was wondering if anyone knows if there's an equivalent for programming via USB. I want to use the DFU bootloader so I can program without the need for the ST-Link adapter or an IDE - all I would need would be a USB cable, the Flash app and my binary file. Anyone able to help?

Cheers!
4 REPLIES 4
Posted on June 17, 2014 at 13:25

STSW-STM32080

DfuSe USB device firmware upgrade STMicroelectronics extension: contains the demo GUI, debugging GUI, all sources files and the protocol layer (UM0412)

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/FM147/CL1794/SC961/SS1533/PF257916

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jdcowpland
Associate II
Posted on June 19, 2014 at 17:55

Cheers Clive!

Thomas_Socomec
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2015 at 11:25

Dear all,

I reply to this post because we got some problem with the implementation of DFU dlls on our PC software.

In fact, it seems that sometimes, this dll stops to response to our request. It appears most of the time during the ''erase'' phase.

Is there any guideline or any other document about the integration of this dll on a PC software ?

Moreover, is there any function on the dll to escape correctly from a blocking point ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Thomas

Thomas_Socomec
Associate II
Posted on February 11, 2015 at 11:24

For information, we have no problem when we are using DfuSe to upgrade our firmwares.

That's why I think the problem comes from the dlls.

Anybody have an idea about that problem ?

Thanks

Regards,

Thomas