cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To all ST moderators :: We hate of this forum(in fact this CMS)

rozehtiyan
Associate II
Posted on April 06, 2015 at 07:10

Hi everybody

I'm a ST consumer and in many cases for help ask my questions here in ST forum but indeed this forum is a piece of sh*t. I'm not going to insult to any guys but this forum trouble us and why don't we have a nice forum like FreeScale or TI or ATMEL or NXP or Microchip or...? ST is a big and popular corporation on the globe then I think there is no problem for ST to purchase or make a new and better forum. I hope to get an acceptable answer from Jasmin or Mayla or other ST...

#worst-forum-software-ever
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on April 06, 2015 at 15:14

I'm a ST consumer

Can you quantify that?

Ok, while I'm not a big fan of the Microsoft software, I'd observe that the forum software is one of the least important aspect of a successful forum.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Lead
Posted on April 06, 2015 at 18:28

I'd observe that the forum software is one of the least important aspect of a successful forum.

Provided it works...

And while I neither like Microsoft, it must be said that MS Sharepoint is NOT a forum software.

Thus, the fault is with ST, totally.

Posted on April 06, 2015 at 19:28

Provided it works...

13K+ successful posts on this iteration of the forum, seems to be at least workable.

A lot of the technical staff don't like it, but they also don't participate much either, there are other conduits for customer support. Other manufacturers have the FAE's and technical staff work the forums, I'm pretty sure that isn't occurring here.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Lead
Posted on April 07, 2015 at 10:13

13K+ successful posts on this iteration of the forum, seems to be at least workable.

''Workable'', yes, but barely.

It eats about 25% of my posts, and about one third of that in a non-recoverable way.

Sometimes I just forget to copy&paste my inteded post to an external editor before posting...

And there are times when such posting-fails happen with 90% probability.

All in all, that suggests the user forum is not a top-priority item for ST.

Posted on April 07, 2015 at 23:35

Many times I have had my posts eaten because I take a while to think, formulate, and format my thoughts, only to have the system timeout and not tell me.

Once I hit ''OK'' (''Okay'' to English speakers, but apparently there isn't enough room in the button for correct spelling), I get a message unrelated to the situation and my post gets eaten. Always select-all/copy before posting.

Many times you, clive, have pointed out to many people the stupid paint brush icon that enables proper code formatting. Intuitively obvious to ... no one.

I guess you get used to it after a while, and if you've ever been to a Microsoft developer's conference and observed the developers, you wouldn't wonder why these projects get released onto the general public.

And one last thing, Microchip's forum (and processors) sucks AND has daily spammers.