cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change system speed for STM32F746IG

juriedutoit
Associate II
Posted on July 06, 2016 at 09:10

I designed a PCB and I am programming the STM32F746IG via a FT2232D chip.  I have the 4 x JTAG signals connected to the STM32.

I generate code with MXCube, it compiles, but when I run it, Crossworks goes into an enless loop giving me gives me ''Stopped by Vector Catch''.  I have pin pointed it to the function : main.c -> SystemClock_Config(void) -> ''if (HAL_RCC_OscConfig(&RCC_OscInitStruct) != HAL_OK)'' -> ''__HAL_RCC_PLL_ENABLE();'' (just after the call to ''WRITE_REG(...)'')

I also used MXCube to generate a Keil MDK V5 project, it compiled, but the same happened in the Keil development environment.  If I remove the call to ''

SystemClock_Config(void)'' the program works.

How do one change the clock frequency of the PLL to 216MHz?

Please advise!

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on July 06, 2016 at 15:27

So do you have an external crystal on your design? At what frequency does it run?

The PLL settings are just a couple of simple multiplication and division computations. Review the Reference Manual

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
juriedutoit
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2016 at 18:19

juriedutoit
Associate II
Posted on July 09, 2016 at 18:21

Posted on July 10, 2016 at 15:07

The forum does not support posting from mobile devices very well. You'd want to use Firefox, or post from a desktop.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Walid FTITI_O
Senior II
Posted on July 11, 2016 at 12:43

Hi du_toit.jurie,

You should check if you have configured you system clock source HSI or HSE and if you are applying the right parameters there. If HSE is used, check that you have the rignt 25MHz crystal. I give you .ioc example file ( see attached)for a test similar to your case done using CubeMxthat can help you (HSE, 216Mhz).

Otherwise, try to check the '' RCC_ClockConfig'' example in the

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html

library at this path: STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0\Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Examples\RCC\RCC_ClockConfig

-Hannibal-

Attachments :

F7_RCC.ioc : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HthG&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000aVs%2Fo34kgFOaQxO1IpNFM7X0fUYbKdX5PCutAY_KxGHHZUg&asPdf=false