Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Sensors are fit to be used under automotive guidance

markus239955
Associate
Posted on September 18, 2013 at 11:53

You have the category 

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/sense_power/FM89

, and there the column MEMS and Sensors.

Can I use every Sensor there for automotive applications or do you have a separate marking for that?

I saw one or two of the Sensors have the AEC-certificate, with that I can be sure to use them, but they also got 3-5 times the price of those other Sensors in your ''automotive''-category and I need all my sensors for automotive not only two of five.

In my case, I look for an e-compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, tempretaure sensor and pressure sensor (barometric)

best regards

MarkusR

#lifetime #mems #automotive
1 REPLY 1
Thiago REIS
Associate II
Posted on September 18, 2013 at 18:51

Hello Markus,

ST does offer Accelerometers and Gyroscopes automotive certified, but not e-compasses and pressure sensors with this grading.

The price different exists because the automotive certification requires a much more comprehensive quality controls and requirements, and therefore the manufcaturing of the sensor is much more complex than Consumer Grade MEMS.

In addition to that, OEM may require that the sensors used to be Automotive Grade instead of the Consumer Grade ones, another benefit of the automotive grad sensors is that the product lifetime is longer, which is essential for the automotive market.

Thank you very much,

Thiago REIS