Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting required with STM32f4 USB Microphone device

contact2
Associate II
Posted on November 15, 2013 at 14:41

Dear all,

I think I am almost done with the this program, but when I plug after pprogramming my STM32F4 Discovery board. It gives an exclamation mark, (Code 10) generally. ''The I/O request was canceled.'' is written as well in the device status. I am attaching the programming made on KEIL uVision please help me out with this program.

Umair Mukati.

#usb #microphone #stm32f4discovery
16 REPLIES 16
tsuneo
Senior
Posted on November 15, 2013 at 18:13

usbd_desc.c
#define USBD_VID 0x0483
#define USBD_PID 0x5730

You don't change VID/PID from the original audio speaker example. Assign a new VID/PID, OR uninstall the device instance on Device Manager of your Windows PC, when you change descriptors so much. Tsuneo
contact2
Associate II
Posted on November 16, 2013 at 07:36

I changed the PID and VID still no change, just a new driver install then it works as it was working.

contact2
Associate II
Posted on November 16, 2013 at 10:37

It is not working, please some one help!

tsuneo
Senior
Posted on November 16, 2013 at 16:31

Capture the enumeration sequence on a sniffer, to know exactly the problem Windows see.

These USB sniffers can capture enumeration sequence,

USBlyzer (33days free trial) http://www.usblyzer.com/

USBTrace (15days free trial) http://www.sysnucleus.com/

To capture enumeration,

Run USBlyzer, enable ''Capture->Capture Hot-plugged'' menu, and plug in your device.

OR

After starting USBTrace, click the Capture Hot Plugged Devices menu or toolbar button and start capture. And then, plug in your device.

If you would see any error line on the sniffer log, it shows the problem on which we have to focus. If the log doesn't put any error, the last ''URB'' line suggests the problem.

Tsuneo

contact2
Associate II
Posted on November 20, 2013 at 14:08

Sir,

Thanks for your reply, I have uploaded a file. Please see the issue. I am unable to understand.

Attachments :

USB_Audio_Microphone.ulz : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006I0cI&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bbP%2FoIFt5lKnVYNLv.G04cUXS6WqDoDFHoT6kbfcTOOXtEM&asPdf=false
contact2
Associate II
Posted on November 20, 2013 at 14:39

Please help me with this issue.

tsuneo
Senior
Posted on November 20, 2013 at 16:46

> I have uploaded a file. Please see the issue.

Do you expect that I would check every line of your code?

I don't have so much free time for you.

Code 10 on Windows occurs on every kind of errors.

Get more exact clue on a sniffer, so that we can focus on more narrow range of your source code to find bugs.

Tsuneo

contact2
Associate II
Posted on November 21, 2013 at 15:44

The matter is that, I am very close to FYP submission date.

I am trying to solve this issue for a month but unsuccessful. And source for this type of device is still not available. That's why I want to ask someone who has got much experience in this field.

Although, I know it takes time, you are right.

Posted on November 21, 2013 at 18:40

The matter is that, I am very close to FYP submission date. I am trying to solve this issue for a month but unsuccessful. And source for this type of device is still not available.

It is perhaps foolhardy to presume that all code you might need comes magically packaged on the internet, and with free support. People who can write and debug code well are expensive, and likely already have degrees and jobs.

You need to focus on what exactly fails, and when it first fails. ''Code 10'' is a symptom, not a diagnosis. You'd want to review the logs, and ideally have some other working device with which to compare your situation. Understand how USB works with respect to the class of device you are creating. Perhaps examples exist on other platforms that might be instructive.

Can your project supervisor, and class mates, not render any assistance?
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..