cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eval6470H R1.1 && (Arduino || Steval-PCC09V2)

a239955
Associate
Posted on October 04, 2013 at 15:16

Hi. I played with the eval board+steval to set my step motor parameters. It works flawlessly. Now I'm writing Arduino code to get the same control. Motor parameters have been copied by the Register Map. SPI routines are ok and verified.

Strange thing with Arduino: I can move the motor ''almost the same'' as with the steval, read/write registers (they are the same as using Steval and the associated software) but the motor runs SLOWER.

Always around 80% than the set speed value.

With Steval, OK. With Arduino, a little whistling noise and 80% the speed... The speed register (as all other registers) is the same.

Using Steval the motor stalls running around 2500step/s, using the same controls but with Arduino it stalls at 900step/s.

It is set for 1/128 microsteps, Ke has been determined sperimentally. What puzzles me more is the fact that the registers' content is the same!

Any ideas?

Is it possible that the register writing order changes the register's behaviour?

Has somebody engine-reversed the settings performed by Steval when it is turned on?

Thank you in advance

Alessandro

#arduino #l6470 #steval-pcc009v2
1 REPLY 1
a239955
Associate
Posted on October 04, 2013 at 15:50

Found!

I closed JP1 to get VDD supply from master connector.

Pin 4 of master SPI connector is to supply EXT_VDD.

Arduino provides both +3.3V and +5V: with +5V the motor is slow and noisy, with +3.3V its movement is PERFECT.

Alex