cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX as Eclipse plugin on Linux 64 machine

syanke
Associate
Posted on February 26, 2014 at 01:38

I was able to download and install the STM32CubeMX plugin from ST (stsw-stm32095.zip) into my Eclipse 64-bit Kepler SR-1 software on a Linux 64-bit machine.  Opening the perspective created a problem - An internal error of ''../plugins/com.st.microxplorer.rcp_4.0.0.201402191421//db/plugins/projectmanager/linux/64/toolgen.so not found'' message came up.  Looking through the jar files in the zip file, it appears that only Windows dlls (32 and 64) can be found in the projectmanager directory of the plugin.

The slightly older version of microxplorer (pre-STM32CubeMX) dated from Sept 2013 was able to run, in it's own limited way, without hitting this type of error.

Was Linux just overlooked with this plugin, or is it really just for Windows only?

#bug #stm32cubemx #stm32cubemx-eclipse-linux
21 REPLIES 21
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee
Posted on February 27, 2014 at 08:00

Today the standalone version and the Eclipse plugin is supported on Windows only.

Due to this DLL not ported yet on MacOS or Linux it actually doesn't work.

We should be able to address this issue in future versions

Regards

Daniel
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee
Posted on March 04, 2014 at 19:58

One additional point, if you just ignore this message you'll be able to perform all the functions of STM32CubeMX, including the code generation but no project files for IDEs will be generated.

Regards

Daniel

Lix Paulian
Senior
Posted on March 22, 2014 at 11:16

ST's total lack of support for non-Windows OSes is at least troubling. In particular writing/distributing Eclipse plug-ins that run solely under Windows is totally unacceptable! For us is this is a serious decisional factor on using ST tools.

fjlazur
Associate
Posted on March 27, 2014 at 07:43

I agree. It's a shame that a company like ST released a non cross-platform plugin for an IDE whose main feature is being cross-platform.

Richard Lowe
Senior III
Posted on March 30, 2014 at 04:04

You claim you can ignore this error?  Nope, just a beautiful white window is present.

Linux is becoming a developers haven.  I personally believe that hardware providers that are going to provide software and tools need to take this into serious consideration.

Love the idea of the code generator, but not happy with the incompatibility.
sj
Associate
Posted on April 17, 2014 at 12:54

The standalone version of STM32CubeMX is working with wine and Linux.

Do the following:

- Download the current standalone version of STM32CubeMX.

- Download the current JRE for Windows ('Windows Offline' from http://www.java.com/de/download/manual.jsp)

- Install Java: wine jre-7u55-windows-i586.exe

- Install STM32CubeMX: wine SetupSTM32CubeMX-4.1.0.exe

- Create a symbolic link in directory ~/.wine/drive_c/users/<your user name> with name My%20Documents to 'My Documents'.

- cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeMX

- Start 'wine STM32CubeMX.exe 2> /dev/null' (/dev/null to suppress millions of error messages)

- Use tool chain 'TrueSTUDIO 4.3.1' for gcc.

@fauvarque.daniel: It would be nice to have native linux support soon.

adi
Associate
Posted on August 05, 2014 at 00:16

thanks JS for the info,

I have tried to install STM32CubeMX under WINE, everything worked great except the window for clock configuration showed nothing.

am I the only one with this problem? any solution to this?

WINE v 1.6.2

JRE-7u67-windows-i586 also installed in WINE

valtin
Associate II
Posted on August 12, 2014 at 17:27

Hello,

I have the same problem. The STM32CubeMX stand alone version works fine in wine exept the clock configuration, which is a major issue.

Is there any kind of bugtracker?

Sincerely Markus

vitaliy
Associate
Posted on August 28, 2014 at 15:00

so why you write this software on java write it on pascal if you dont know what is java virtual machine lol!!! but if serious is a shame for ST or Microsoft pay for ST for discrimination Linux system or this software writen by windows Lusers!