Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD file to LCD

stm3223
Associate II
Posted on October 14, 2013 at 18:51

JPG To SD

I'm an absolutely beginner in microcontrollers.

I want to display jpg from SD Card.

I  create a list file from sd card, but I have no idea for next step

Can anybody tell me the next step?

Thank You

Photo to Attachments

4 REPLIES 4
emalund
Associate III
Posted on October 14, 2013 at 22:24

I'm an absolutely(sic) beginner

then start with something simpler e.g. 'blinky'

Erik
Posted on October 14, 2013 at 22:58

Take a look at the STemWin library and how it paints the JPEG to the screen, or find an equivalent library to decode JPEG images.

STM32F429I-Discovery_FW_V1.0.0\Projects\Demonstration\Core\Demo\demo_image.c
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jj2
Associate II
Posted on October 15, 2013 at 01:27

May I gently record vote # 2 for Erik's advice - and start w/something far more suited to a beginner.  Suspect that a beginner would be challenged even in ''finding'' STemWin - knowing what to do with it - even harder...

No explanation for this project's need - or goals was provided.  We suspect - that while the internet opens so many interesting doors - the proper mating of ''required skills, tools, appropriate knowledge'' to ''planned task'' - remains firmly closed/bolted...

There exists a faster, far easier means to, ''display pictures'' - while gaining MCU experience.  Digital photo-frames have plunged in price - and w/in the past several years ''Circuit Cellar'' magazine (one example) has outlined a clever means to exploit image display when combined & managed via a far simpler, MCU control board. 

In this manner - many/most of the especially unpleasant & difficult aspects of such a project have been solved - freeing you to focus upon your application and its (now) far simpler satisfaction. 

stm3223
Associate II
Posted on October 15, 2013 at 22:53

I am NOT interested to JPG  is very good a c file (bmp.c) sample

Many Thanks to all gentlemen for answer .