cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would there be any problem running STM32F407 code on an STM32F429?

bobdeschambault9
Associate II
Posted on September 29, 2015 at 19:02

Hi,

Is there anything that would prevent me from doing this?  Any gotchas in the vector table?

Thanks,

Bob

#stm32f4
7 REPLIES 7
Posted on September 29, 2015 at 20:57

Probably no, but I never tried myself.

There's a migration appnote, AN4547, but that does not mention substantial backward issues either.

JW

bobdeschambault9
Associate II
Posted on October 01, 2015 at 15:29

I have been doing code development on the 429 with our 407 legacy code with no problems until recently.  I am starting to see hard faults and I was wondering if there have been any changes in revision level for the 429 vs older 407 peripherals and now possibly the newer 407s since I am starting to see code that ran perfectly before now crashing on possibly newer 407s.  Any comments?

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on October 07, 2015 at 12:52

Hi deschambault.robert,

No obvious difference that may lead to hardfaults with new F407 devices.

As I don't have details on your application case, I suggest you have a look to the

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/errata_sheet/DM00037591.pdf

. You find there all updates from one revision to another.

What we always expect is that new revisions provide solutions for known limitations, not creating new ones 🙂

-Mayla- 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

bobdeschambault9
Associate II
Posted on October 16, 2015 at 17:36

Thanks all for your inputs.  It turned out that our code had some issues with accessing the SD card and we were also running out of heap space.  Our code had a check that looked for certain files and then moved on if they were found to exist.  On different boards I had SD cards in different states, and if the files did not exist that would trigger some additional code that was causing the hardfaults.

Posted on October 16, 2015 at 20:09

Thank you for coming back to clarify the situation.

JW
rwmao
Senior
Posted on October 19, 2015 at 05:56

I am wondering do you succeed in accessing uSD?

I tried to use stm32f4cubemx to generate code for accessing SD file. For some reason, I never succeed. 

Thanks

Posted on October 19, 2015 at 06:20

A lot of us are using MicroSD cards on F2/F4 designs, without the assistance of Cube.

If I read Robert's description his issue was related to the content of his SD cards, not the access of them.

You really should take your issues up with ST on the ''STM32 Software Tools and Firmware'' forum, submit an on-line support request or work directly with local reps and FAEs.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..