cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Consumption Calculation for STM32L062K8

jksystem247
Associate II
Posted on April 15, 2014 at 07:47

Hi I would like to use STM32L062K8 for our low power application. 

The peripherals we will be using are 1 I2C, 2 watchdog timers(WDI, WWG I think), 1 SPI, 1 UART(RX, TX), and 3 general purpose timer.

Timing for asynchronous UART is important, so I have to use external crystal of 4MHz.

On the data sheet, at 8MHz it should consume about 1.6mA(Table24). Does it include current consumed by internal oscillator circuit to be interfaced with external crystal?

I don't understand the exact configuration that they used on achieving 0.685 mA at 4MHz. 

Can someone calculate the current consumption that this MCU will be using running at 4MHz with all the above peripherals?

I am considering between this MCU and TI's MSP430 series. As it should be used for power line communication, static, not dynamic current consumption is critical.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on April 16, 2014 at 12:10

The datasheet with all the power consumption values will be soon available.

The measurement conditions are explained just before each table. For example, at 8MHz or 4MHz (cases you mentioned), there is a HSE bypass with PLL ON.

Here at 4MHz, IDD is calculated with all peripherals clocked OFF. Then, when peripherals consumptions will be available, you can add them based on which ones you will be using.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.