Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM9DS0 12 gauss and 8 gauss range of the magnetometer

marco23
Associate II
Posted on November 06, 2013 at 17:41

Good morning,

I am having some trouble in working with the magnetometer with the 12 and 8 gauss range.

I am using an SPI communication. All the data from accellerometer and gyroscope are correctly  as well as for the magnetometer with the scale setted up to 2 and 4 gauss but not with 12 and 8.

In particular by using an external magnet I can not get any saturation of the device with this scales settings . I am using not an STM32 to drive the sensor but I am free to share all my settings and register configurations to understand what is the problem

regards,

Marco Beccani
3 REPLIES 3
marco23
Associate II
Posted on November 09, 2013 at 02:42

I did more testing, the device is not properly working in 12 gass range using a permanent magnet and never saturates. I think the permanent magnet messes up somehow  the devices even tough its magnetic field is below the 12 Gass range.

This is unfortunately only a guess as I don't know how the analog module works . I tested 3 of them and they have same behavior. I hope somebody will address this issue.

Thiago REIS
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2013 at 16:45

Hello Marco,

I am currently verifying your question, and I should provide an answer shortly.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to support you.

Thank you very much,

Thiago Reis

Thiago REIS
Associate II
Posted on January 06, 2014 at 13:15

Hello Marco,

I  believe that the problem is on the devices that you are using, normally the sensor should work as expected in all FSs available.

If you want, can you please send me an email with the information listed below and I can help you on getting a couple of samples for testing.

- email

- company

- application description

Thank you,

Thiago Reis -

mailto:thiago.reis@st.com