cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEMS Accel Eval Kit

dlasley
Associate II
Posted on October 14, 2013 at 15:04

I have the STEVAL-MKI109V2 with the MKI135V1 accelerometer module.  I've installed the Unico eval software v3.0.0.0.  The COM port matches.  There are no errors.  I'm on Win7/64.

There is no data.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

#unico
7 REPLIES 7
dlasley
Associate II
Posted on October 21, 2013 at 15:20

*bump*

Anyone have a suggestion?  I just need to show my boss that this device works, and then we can add a motion detect feature to our product.

Thanks.

Thiago REIS
Associate II
Posted on October 22, 2013 at 14:41

Hello Dan,

I am sorry for the delay on replying.

On the Unico main screen, go to settings and from there make sure that your accelerometer is not on Power-Down mode, you can then select the desired ODR and start acquiring data!

Please let me know if this resolves your issue!

Thank you,

Thiago

dlasley
Associate II
Posted on October 22, 2013 at 19:21

Hello Thiago,

Thanks for responding.  Whenever I change the setting away from Power Down Mode (Eg Normal 25Hz), nothing happens.  If I switch to the Data screen, and then back to the Settings screen, it reverts to Power Down Mode.

It acts like there is no communications at all, but there are no errors.  Changing screens take a very long time (10-20 secs), which suggests a communications timeout.

The Windows Device Manager says that the Virtual Comm is working properly.

What is my next step?

dlasley
Associate II
Posted on October 28, 2013 at 14:01

Hi Thiago,

Any update?

Thanks.

Thiago REIS
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2013 at 13:46

Hello Dan,

In order to better respond to your question, would you please send me a screenshot of the problem that you are facing? Specially of the settings tab of the Unico Gui.

I believe there must be a connection problem between the computer and the sensor that you are trying to evaluate.

Thank you,

Thiago Reis

dlasley
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2013 at 23:00

Hi Thiago,

I was able to get some assistance from internal support through my sales rep.

It seems that my version requires the latest Unico (v3.0.0.1) and a firmware upgrade.

I hope to have a new demo kit by the end of the week.

Dan

Thiago REIS
Associate II
Posted on November 19, 2013 at 15:16

Hello Dan,

I am glad that you have found a solution for the issue you were facing.

Please do not hesitate on posting any other questions or topics that you would like to discuss.

Thank you very much,

Thiago Reis