cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB HS Host Unconfigures Device

jvavra
Associate III
Posted on March 20, 2014 at 21:13

Was hoping there might be a few folks here with more USB knowledge than me.

I am trying to implement a HS USB HID-class device on a STM32F427 using a SMSC USB3300 external PHY IC. I have succesfully implemented a similar setup previously, except it was based on an STM32F205. I have this device handy for comparison. 

Using my Beagle USB protocol analyzer, when I plug in the HS USB cable there appears to be MOST of the traffic I would expect: HS handshaking, setting an address, get config descriptors, etc. I have compared this against my working device, and all is fine until just after the host does a Set Config = 1 (configured). Both devices do a brief Set Idle, then there is a Get Report Descriptor. What I expect next is a Get Feature Report; on my ''working'' device I see multiple Get Feature Reports. However, on my new device, the next packet I get is the host doing another Set Configuration, but this time to 0. This is then followed by a Suspend, and is the last transmission.

My question is: why would the host come through and unconfigure my device?

#stm32 #otg #library #usb
3 REPLIES 3
tsuneo
Senior
Posted on March 21, 2014 at 05:37

> then there is a Get Report Descriptor. What I expect next is a Get Feature Report; on my ''working'' device I see multiple Get Feature Reports. However, on my new device, the next packet I get is the host doing another Set Configuration.

> My question is: why would the host come through and unconfigure my device?

The host seems not to like the report descriptor, returned by your device.

On the Beagle log, check the size and its contents of the report descriptor, returned by the device.

Is the report descriptor as you expect?

Tsuneo

tsuneo
Senior
Posted on March 25, 2014 at 12:09

Answered in Axelson’s USB forum,

http://www.lvr.com/forum/index.php?topic=1313.0

Tsuneo

StefanoBettega1
Associate II
Posted on December 04, 2014 at 11:10

Hi all,

a brief post just to update the link.

The forum is now accessible here:

http://janaxelson.com/forum/index.php?topic=1313.0

(unfortunately lvr.com has been relocated to another site)