cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC560C50 PADSEL configuration

ttatakis
Associate III
Posted on October 30, 2013 at 18:41

This is my first SPC560 implementation and I'm having a hard time deciphering what the Reference Manual is trying to tell me with respect to PADSEL fields in the PSMI registers.  For example, lets say 

I want to configure the DSPI peripheral to act as a SPI slave, DSPI0 to be exact.  The way I read the data sheet. I need to configure the PCR registers as follows:

For SIN: PCR[12]= 0x0104

For SOUT: PCR[13]= 0x0407

For SCK: PCR[14]= 0x0504

For CS0: PCR[15]= 0x0504

My question is with respect to the inputs (SIN, SCK, and CS0).  The latter 2 are inputs because I want to be a SPI slave. I believe I do not have to do anything more for the SIN input because that is not muxed with other inputs.  According to the reference manual and data sheet, I need to set the appropriate PADSEL bits in the PSMI registers to 'specify the pad to be used via the appropriate PSMI field'. That's where I get confused.  I can't quite figure out what value I need to put in the PADSEL fields.  It looks to me like I need to set PADSEL5 and PADSEL6 to something to select the proper input- but what? I'm assuming based on the number of PADSEL fields (32), that each bit corresponds to a PAD, but which bits correspond to which PADS?

Thanks for any insight.....
1 REPLY 1
Posted on November 08, 2013 at 15:24

Hi,

Each PADSEL represent a peripheral input to which you can associate a PCR (a pin essentially.

See the table ''Table 158. Peripheral input pin selection'' in the SPC560Dxx reference manual or the equivalent table in any other reference manual.

For example PADSEL5 is ''SCK_0 / DSPI_0'' and you can map it on 00: PCR[14] or 01: PCR[15].

Giovanni