cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clock stability, and sampling rate on LSM9DS0

rickygee49
Associate II
Posted on October 26, 2013 at 09:15

There are no figures for clock stability over time and temperature. These are going to effect the sample rate times. For example, if the accelerometer DOR is 100Hz, what spread can be expected. I take it that in all of the three sensors types, that the time from commencing a conversion to the Interrupt, the time is roughly the reciprocal of the DOR. Is this true for the Magnetometer, where I assume the Set/Reset takes a fixed time during every sample, irrespective of the DOR. I am wanting to have a fixed data update rate of 100Hz, generated from the host processor, has anyone done this sort of thing, or are you just free running the LSM9DS0, and accepting the rate programmed into it? I accept that I will only get an effective 50Hz from the magnetometer at the rate I require. I am new to this device, have used analogue parts previously, where I could get better control of the sampling rate.

Any comments would be much appreciated, 
4 REPLIES 4
Thiago REIS
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2013 at 16:21

Hello,

I am currently verifying if it was done any study with regards to the clock drift over time and temperature, this is not an issue that you normally should be concerned with.

If you have any other questions or need further support on your application, please let me know.

Thank you,

Thiago Reis

erikev
Associate II
Posted on December 08, 2013 at 14:30

It appears the ceramic resonator has an accuracy of 0.2% over temperature. It is probably within  200ppm inside 0 to 60 Celsius. The signal noise appears to be much higher than clock variation by orders of magnitude.

erikev
Associate II
Posted on December 08, 2013 at 14:34

Correction: 20PPM,-10-70 degrees

rickygee49
Associate II
Posted on February 25, 2014 at 22:27

Thanks, wasn't sure what technology was used for clocking.