cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPWF01S information

alessioschisano
Associate
Posted on November 25, 2014 at 17:23

I need some information about this WiFi Module, I've already read theonline doc but I haven't found all the information I need.

1) I see the module use Uart1 to communicate with host, with hardware control, but I can't use the flow control on my application, does the module start with flow control enabled or not?

2) I see that is available the JTAG connector, do I need to map the connector on my board? Do I need to flash the device manually or it comes already flashed with the latest firmware?

3) I see on documentation that STAToMiniAP require GPIO[7], but I can't find reference about this function in order to understand if I need or not to connect this Pin

4) is the firmware upgrade over OTA available? do I need to predispose something particular in my hardware to use the OTA?

Thanks for the support
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 25, 2014 at 17:56

(I'm not someone from ST)

1) I see the module use Uart1 to communicate with host, with hardware control, but I can't use the flow control on my application, does the module start with flow control enabled or not?

I use mine using 5 wires, +V, Gnd, Tx, Rx, and Boot. So no flow control is necessary.

2) I see that is available the JTAG connector, do I need to map the connector on my board? Do I need to flash the device manually or it comes already flashed with the latest firmware?

Don't confuse the SPWF01S module with the development board that it is attached to. The module is bootloaded over the serial port. The module comes with firmware but the latest is available from your ST rep (find your ST rep soon).

Andrei
Posted on November 26, 2014 at 07:34

Ciao Alessio,

By default, flow control is disabled. Leave floating.

If needed, you can route to external host, and enable it using console1_hwfc configuration variable.

2) I see that is available the JTAG connector, do I need to map the connector on my board?

No, leave floating.

Do I need to flash the device manually or it comes already flashed with the latest firmware?

Module already contains a FW release, but (probably) is not the lastet one. Ask for latest FW release to your ST reference.

Run ''AT+S.STS'', and check the content of ''version'' status variable.

You can update to latest FW release by OTA or by UART.

If serial update is required, use 4 pins: TX, RX, boot and reset. Process is standard for STM32: move boot pin, provide a reset, and use TX/RX to update.

3) I see on documentation that STAToMiniAP require GPIO[7], but I can't find reference about this function in order to understand if I need or not to connect this Pin

GPIO7 is only used to start SPWF in miniAP mode, providing a network named ''iwm-xx-yy-zz'', without security. It's useful for ''firstset'' feature.

If you don't need this feature, leave GPIO7 floating.

4) is the firmware upgrade over OTA available? do I need to predispose something particular in my hardware to use the OTA?

If you have a module containing an integrated external flash (SPWF01Sx.1y), you are enabled in using OTA feature, both for FW update and for File System update. There are AT-commands for both.

Run AT+S.HELP to check the list of available AT commands.

Thanks for the support