Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to STM32F051 via STM32F0DISCOVERY

j_
Associate II
Posted on February 09, 2014 at 16:57

Hi,

I have a problem connecting to a STM32F051K6.

I tried to use the Debugger on an STM32F0DISCOVERY-Board. It should be an ST-Link V2.

Therefore I disconnected the Jumpers on CN2 and the Soldering bridges on SB19 and SB22. This is what the DISCOVERY's Datasheet says.

When I trie to connect to the Controller via STM32 ST-LINK Utility, it can't connect. I have tried holding BOOT0 HI or LO with no success. Leaving NRST open had although no effect.

Trying to erase the chip with CoIDE gave an ''Check Connection'' Error.

You find my basic schematic attached.

I hope anyone has an Idea!

My Current-Consumption is about 2.5mA so I guess the Chip is operating

Thanks! Johannes
4 REPLIES 4
m_
Associate II
Posted on February 11, 2014 at 22:13

I had the exact same problem yesterday with an stm32f050. when programmed under reset with a st link v2 the problem got away. you could try that without the resistor at the nrst pin. the mcu has already a internal pull up. 

goodluck!

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on February 12, 2014 at 16:16

I believe you need to put SB19 back in so the ST-Link can command a reset.

Cheers, Hal

j_
Associate II
Posted on February 12, 2014 at 22:39

Thanks for your reply!

I have closed SB19 and removed the Pull-up for the Reset-Pin with no success. I have tried all available connection methods in ST-LINK Utility (Normal, Hot Plug, Connect under Reset) although with no success. I even tried connecting 100nF between RESET and VCC like it is done on the DISCOVERY to debounce the Reset-Key.

Are there any additional options to tell the ST-LINK Utility which Chip I use?
raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on February 12, 2014 at 23:09

I presume you have correctly set your IDE options for an ST-Link debugger and an F051 device.

Check the PC USB driver version for your Windows version. The latest are available on the ST web site at

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM146/CL1984/SC720/SS1450/PF251168

I have successfully used an F4 Discovery SWD connection to an F0 processor board. One difference - I have 10K pullups on the F0 board data and clock lines.

Cheers, Hal