Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual LIS3DH Dilemma

codenameyash
Associate
Posted on November 05, 2013 at 10:01

Hi,

So time to get right to it, I am using 2 LIS3DH Accelerometers ( Two Different Addresses Assigned to them), they are both using the same I2C lines and the same INT line on my microcontroller.

That is the way it was designed and now have to make them both work ( NOT at the same time).

The problem that I see now is that when I put one accelerometer in Power Down Mode, and configure the remaining device, after the first interrupt sequence all communications seems to die down. The INT line remains low ( configured for active low ) and thats it dead.

What I have noticed is that if I remove the INT1 connection from anyone of the devices and address the other, it works perfectly. Just never when they are completely plugged in.

Any particular help on the problem is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Thiago REIS
Associate II
Posted on November 18, 2013 at 14:09

Hello,

I believe one possible solution would be testing the Interrupt outputs on different pins of your micro controller to evaluate the complete functioning of your system.

On the other hand, I will verify if there is any application reference that aids the problem that you are currently facing.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to support you,

Thank you,

Thiago Reis