cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32429I-EVAL Drivers & Example software?

thomas2
Associate II
Posted on February 06, 2014 at 16:29

Hi,

I've recently started developing on the STM32429I-EVAL board. The user manual mentions 'demonstration software', but I'm unable to find the source online.

I'm fairly new to developing for ST boards, am I right in thinking all I need is the StdPeriph files to get started? I know Keil has introduced the 'Pack' scheme but I can't seem to find a pack for this board. The built in Keil 'blinky' example works for this board but doesn't appear to use the StdPeriph drivers, which I think I'll need to use for access to more peripherals.

I've tried using the StdPeriphLib (version 1.3) and attempted to load the template Keil example with the SAI_Audio example. I get the error:

Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol IOE_WriteIOPin (referred from stm324xg_eval_audio_codec.o). I've included stm324x9i_eval_ioe8.h and stm324x9i_eval_ioe16.h.

Any tips on how to get up and running with Keil & StdPeripDrivers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Posted on February 06, 2014 at 18:04

Think you'd want to seek other support routes inside ST, via a rep or FAE.

I'm also not sure of the merits of building code for the STM324xG-EVAL platform, when you have code for the STM324x9I-EVAL one :

STM32F4xx_DSP_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.3.0\Utilities\STM32_EVAL\STM324x9I_EVAL\stm324x9i_eval_audio_codec.c

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
thomas2
Associate II
Posted on February 07, 2014 at 12:48

Thanks for the reply. Not sure why it was trying to include the 

STM324xG-EVAL, I seem to have fixed it now and have basic audio streaming with SAI using purely the std periph library. It seems copying the template project and removing 'read-only' permissions also helped.

rroderick
Associate
Posted on February 18, 2014 at 12:18

I'm also new to ST.

Where do you get the sample programs for stm32429 I- Eval BOARD ?

Thanks

thomas2
Associate II
Posted on February 18, 2014 at 12:45

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any firmware examples available for this board. Please let me know if you come across any. I'm just using the std peripheral library, which supports the board. Dedicated examples would be nice however.

caporalesimone
Associate
Posted on February 18, 2014 at 18:48

Are you lookig for this? STSW-STM32138

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF259429

thomas2
Associate II
Posted on February 18, 2014 at 19:07

I came across that, I believe he has the Evaluation board though. Which has different peripherals, ect. http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF259093