Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L151 failure accessing FLASH and EEPROM

ecatala
Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2015 at 17:04

Hi, 

I am using the micro STM32L151 and I found that after programming the micro some of the micro have problems accesing FLASH and EEPROM.

I can not program the micros again because it is not possible to read the FLASH and also when I access the EEPROM to save a parameter the micro falls in a strange state and can not recover from it without resetting.

Thanks in advance.

#stm32l151-failure-access-flash
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on April 08, 2015 at 18:11

Like a Hard Fault or something?

Sounds like you're going to have to do a bunch more debugging to get to the root cause here, and provide a more cogent description of the failure, not just the symptoms.

It can't read the flash at all? You can't erase it?

Voltages? Speeds? What are you doing to the memory before it fails?

Can you replicate this is a different design/configuration. ie an EVAL or DISCO board?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ecatala
Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2015 at 18:55

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I can't read the Flash at all when starting the board. I am using the STM32 St-LINK Utility.

It happens to some boards. 

Is it possible that the micro enters a low-power mode and the flash can not be read?

Estanis

Posted on April 08, 2015 at 19:19

You could try the ''connect under reset'' type options.

Or strap BOOT0 High so it goes into the System Loader, which should be safe place to connect via SWD.

Another method to get signs of life would be via the serial port to the System Loader, and confirm if it's responsive.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..