Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F427II (UBGA176) can not program

dombog
Associate
Posted on November 06, 2013 at 22:39

Hi Everyone,

I have just finished a project with the MCU STM32F427II but I can not program it. I use the ST-LINK v2 programmer with a 4 wire (SWD).

I have check all the connection and I found that the pin (bypass_reg) is floatting in my design not at the Vss. Could it cause my problem?

In the past, I have use 144 pin LQFP, 100 pin and 64 pin I have never use this pin before.

Thank you,

#pragramming-swd-bypass_reg
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on November 07, 2013 at 01:09

Can you see ~1.25V on the VCAP balls? If not the regulator is off, you could presumably inject 1.25V at the caps.

A secondary signs-of-life test is to pull BOOT0 high and using either USART1 or USART3 at 9600 8E1 send the hex value 0x7F, and observed a 0x79 response (RealTerm hex mode?)
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
dombog
Associate
Posted on November 07, 2013 at 15:49

Thank you clive1.

I have check the Vcap1 and Vcap2 voltage and I read 0V, so I have try to put 1.25V on the caps. But I have got same problem with the ST-link cable can not program my MCU. 

I have a debug header plugged to USART1 on my board so I have try to put BOOT0 to Vcc on boot up and I have send the caracter 0x7F with Realterm but didn't get the respond 0x79.

I don't know if that can induce problem if my pin (bypass_reg) is floatting?

So what did you think about that?

Posted on November 07, 2013 at 17:36

So what did you think about that?

I'm not using the BGA package, and have access to the same part documentation you do.

In the reference design the BYPASS_REG pin is pulled to ground through a 10K resistor.

The regulators are OFF, the pin controlling them is BYPASS_REG
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..