cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64-bit OS support and emulator support for STM32 embedded target for MATLAB and Simulink release 3.0

aafatah
Associate
Posted on November 08, 2013 at 05:23

Hi,

I had two questions about the latest release (3.0) of the STM32 embedded target for MATLAB and Simulink:

1. Is 64-bit OS now supported? (I have Windows 7 64-bit)

2. What are the supported hardware adapters for processor-in-the-loop testing? (e.g. U-Link pro..)

Thank you

#stm32f4
3 REPLIES 3
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on November 08, 2013 at 09:27

Hi Ahmed,

Refering to the

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/release_note/DM00080983.pdf

, here are the answers to your question:

1- Supported OS are Windows XP & Windows 7 32-bit.

2- Regarding the adapters, there is only a limitation when using IAR: J-Link must be used (ST-LINK is not supported)

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on November 08, 2013 at 10:53

Hi Ahmed and Mayla,

sorry for mistake but as mexw32 and mexw64 files are provided now, package is available for both 32/64bits systems.

Regarding PIL, you need USART connection. It is configurable from window popup during build regarding STM32 side (USART num + port used) and regarding PC, COM port is a preference you can set using :

setpref('STM32F4xx','COMPort','COMx')

MATLAB command from Command Window.

COMx => x is PC com number used.

You can check using

getpref('STM32F4xx','COMPort')

Best regards

Pascal

aafatah
Associate
Posted on November 08, 2013 at 23:10

Many Thanks, Mayla and Pascal, for your prompt replies. Indeed I had seen that in the latest release notes only 32-bit support was mentioned, but what triggered my question was that a previous post mentioned that release 3.0 would likely have 64-bit support. Ok so just to confirm, having Windows 7 64-bit and also MATLAB R2013b 64-bit is ok?

As for USART connections, there are just so many out there on the market, as well as many toolchains, but what is specific about the toolchains listed in the release notes?

Thank you