cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The capacitor configuration on pins 35-36 in Figure 17 of the Rev.2 datasheet is different from the configuration in Figure 20 of the Rev.4 datasheet. Which is correct?

nmagniez
Associate II
Posted on February 07, 2014 at 10:11

Portable Subwoofer

The capacitor configuration on pins 35-36 in Figure 17 of the Rev.2 datasheet is different from the configuration in Figure 20 of the Rev.4 datasheet. Which is correct?

From troubleshooting, I believe the device's I2C address is 0x34, not 34 decimal. This is incorrect in the datasheet.

With regards to the power-up sequence, is it possible to use a series resistor on VL to limit current if the sequence is not followed? I am powering the board from two different supplies and I can't afford to ruin a chip if the VCC supply becomes accidentally disconnected.

Also, am I correct in assuming PWRDN on the start-up sequence refers to the RESET pin?

Finally, I have heard rumors that the STA326 has some kind of BBE sound processing on it. If this is the case, I'd be very interested in trying it out. Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
Nickname1623_O
Associate II
Posted on February 10, 2014 at 04:13

hi Naue_b,

regarding the capacitor configuration , please refer to latest datasheet in ST website .

the chip address is 0x34 Hex.

it's unnecessary to add current limit resistor in VL , in case VCC is missing ,the undervoltage protection will be triggered to shut down power output.

the power down is refer to EAPD control bit in 0x05 register .

yes , with sepcial register setting , it's able to provide some BBE feature , please contact with your distributor for more detail about BBE license .

Thanks,