cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in STM32F30x Standard Peripheral Driver library

aaron
Associate II
Posted on November 13, 2013 at 16:53

Not sure where to file bug reports, but I wanted to make sure this was recorded somewhere.

I've found two errors (so far) in the STM32F30x_StdPeriph_Driver (v1.0.0) that I downloaded to use with the STM32F3-Discovery kit:

1) In stm32f30x_tim.h, in the definition of the TIM_TimeBaseInitTypeDef struct, the TIM_RepetitionCounter field is declared as a uint8_t.  This corresponds to the RCR register in the TIM peripheral.  This is defined as a uint16_t in stm32f30x.h.  Also, according to the technical reference manual, section 16.4.13, the field should be 16-bit.  The definition of uint8_t has the effect of limiting the maximum repetition count for no good reason, so I think this is an error.

2) Minor copy/paste error: in the comment for ADC_DMAConfig() in stm32f30x_adc.c the description of the second parameter is wrong (copied from the ADC_DMACmd() function comment directly above it).

If this is an appropriate place to post things like this, I might add others that I encounter.  If there is a better place, please let me know...
2 REPLIES 2
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on November 14, 2013 at 14:08

Hello,

Thanks for reporting, will check your comments.

Welcome for your feedbacks. You can continue sending them here.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on November 14, 2013 at 16:01

Agree with you for both comments as TIMx_RCR is 16-bit for TIM1 & TIM8 even if it is 8-bit for TIM15/16/17.

Updates will be applied in coming STandard library release.

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.