Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLDC speed regulation doesn't work

suslov
Associate II
Posted on April 16, 2014 at 17:59

Hello guys,

I'm trying to run a three-phase BLDC motor with STM32 MC PMSM FOC SDK v3.4 library. I have the latest ST MC Workbench. I have a following problem:

When I start the motor, it begins to spin, but I am unable to regulate a speed of it. I keeps an exact speed no matter what speed I set.

Only when I set the speed lower than approximately 1300 rpm, the motor stops and I get a ''speed feedback'' error. Motor is also spinning even if I set target speed to 0.

The motor also consumes too much current. It doesn't have any load on it so it should take maximum of 100mA to spin. But it consumes 1A and only because I have a current limit of 1A on my voltage source.

Hall sensors, current reading and voltage sensing are working fine.

Where could be a problem?  

Thank you very much for your responses.

#bldc-speed-regulation
3 REPLIES 3
Gigi
Senior
Posted on May 05, 2014 at 11:38

Ciao Andrej

Just to be sure. Can you enable the sensorless as uxiliary speed sensor and compare both measured and observed angle with the DAC to understand if the HALL deconding is done correctly?

Ciao

Gigi

suslov
Associate II
Posted on May 14, 2014 at 00:35

Ciao Gigi

Thanks for your reply. I will try it as soon as possible and post here my results.

In case that the measured and observed angles won't match, what could cause incorrect HALL position decoding?

Thank you again Gigi.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the "Motor Control Hardware" section to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards