cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube FW USB_Device MSC

chmielewski
Associate II
Posted on March 27, 2014 at 11:18

hi, I have a problem with Application from STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.1.0. It´s the USB_Device -> MSC_Standalone application. When I build the files with Coocox and download it on my STM3240G-Evalboard, the USB-Device will be identified, but not the SD-Card. When I test the same example with EWARM, it works well. The USB-Device and the SD-Card will be found. In Coocox I included the same files how in EWARM and made the same defines within the compiler preprocessor. Have some an idea what I make wrong?

12 REPLIES 12
frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on March 27, 2014 at 11:31

Are you sure that both projects are build from the very same pool of source/header files ?

I haven't used IAR (kickstart) for more than a year, but I remember they had messed with certain headers.

chmielewski
Associate II
Posted on March 27, 2014 at 11:37

I´am sure. I have checked every file.

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on March 27, 2014 at 11:50

Libraries included (linked in) ?

Optimization settings / other project settings ?

chmielewski
Associate II
Posted on March 27, 2014 at 11:57

The Libraries are included and I haven´t any optimization settings selected.  :\

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on March 27, 2014 at 12:36

The Libraries are included ..

I meant link libraries (libxxx.a) - albeit I don't suspect an issue there initially.

Have you tried to debug into the SD card initialization and access code, to see where it fails ?

Might be helpful to compare the associated peripheral register setting with that of the IAR code.

chmielewski
Associate II
Posted on March 28, 2014 at 10:51

hi,

the initialization and access code  is the same. I think the interrupt didn´t cause.

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on March 28, 2014 at 11:23

the initialization and access code  is the same. I think the interrupt didn´t cause.

Could it be a problem with the interrupt handler names ?

The names given in your handler source code must match that in the startup file.

The startup file (most often assembler source) is toolchain specific, and is surely different for IAR and Coocox (the latter being presumably gcc-based).

Usually, the toolchain provides WEAK default handlers, which do nothing, or loop endlessly.

You could try to set a breakpoint in the handler code.

chmielewski
Associate II
Posted on March 28, 2014 at 13:55

The interrupt handler names in the startup file are the same like in the source code.

I hadn´t change anything in the startup file, this can´t be.

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on March 28, 2014 at 16:27

Do the IAR startup code and the Coocox startup code match in this regard ?

I suppose this item is different for both projects.