Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX NOT CREATING PROJECTS

david2399
Associate II
Posted on June 04, 2014 at 04:26

Hello,

I have installed CubeMX software to default directories as well as the firmware to default directories. My project is located on the same C:\ drive elsewhere. Why does the tool generate a src and inc file and a tmp file, but no other files nor project directory is created. I can create a pin list csv file, a pdf of what I have entered to the software, and an ioc file is created. Sometimes it will create a project file, but most times it will not. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software 3 times so far to get this stable. Sometimes on an install, the cube software directories are created and it runs, but if I go to uninstall from the control panel, STM32CubeMX is not shown as a program. I also does not place a shortcut on the desktop either. 

I have a standard Toshiba laptop running standard windows7 and it is 64bit machine. No other software has given me issues close to this. The frustrating thing is this software is fantastic to take away the work involved to create lower level drivers over and over, get the clocking right, and muxing the pins correctly. It saves a lot of time so I can move to application code faster. If I could trust it would work, and that is the problem now.

Dave Bassett
1 REPLY 1
stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on June 20, 2014 at 10:17

Please use initial post for answers: [DEAD LINK /public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/STM32CubeMX%20NOT%20CREATING%20PROJECTS&currentviews=59]https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Discovery/Flat.aspx?RootFolder=%2fpublic%2fSTe2ecommunities%2fmcu%2fLists%2fSTM32Discovery%2fSTM32CubeMX%20NOT%20CREATING%20PROJECTS&currentviews=59