Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX NOT CREATING PROJECTS

david2399
Associate II
Posted on June 01, 2014 at 07:22

Hi All,

I am trying to use the Cube software to generate a baseline project code. The config and manage code level is 4.2.0, and the firmware level is 1.1.0. When I step through configuring for the 429 and hit code config, I get no projects created. I have installed the latest Java as per one post. I have windows7 64 bit on a standard Toshiba laptop.

The cube software has created projects once or twice, but never consistently. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Cube software and run as admin and not as admin with no consistent results. this is getting very frustrating to work with.

The software will go as far as making an INC and SRC directory and put a tmp file into src directory, but that is all. I have checked copy all and checking all boxes in the generated file section of the code generator section of the project settings. I have attached the ioc file in case there is any info in here which might help.

Does anybody out there have any suggestions as to how to make this work for me?

Thanks

Dave Bassett
8 REPLIES 8
david2399
Associate II
Posted on June 02, 2014 at 04:01

Hello,

I have noticed that on install, the ST32MCubeMX did not show up in the control panel as software which could be deleted, and the shortcut was not installed as directed either. When I rebooted the PC, the software does now show up in control panel although the shortcut was still not installed. The software did write a project, however. I have had this happen and am not sure if it will continue to write projects since this has happened before.

This software, when it works, is tremendous in getting projects started and helping to straighten out mutually exclusive conditions and clock setup, and this is why it is so frustrating when it does not work.

Dave Bassett

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on June 02, 2014 at 10:32

I never tried the Cube software, so I can't tell if it's stable ...

However, Windows 7 has some protected folders where things do not appear as they are.

The folders

C:\Windows

and

C:\Program Files

definitely belong to that category.

Trying to create projects in this folders might have the observed effects.

Perhaps the Cube software is so unwise to set a subfolder of it's own installation directory as default project location.

david2399
Associate II
Posted on June 03, 2014 at 06:14

Hi FM,

Sorry. I should have mentioned the project directory is set to be in another directory on the C:\ drive, and the source of the firmware files seems to be the default of C:\users\name\STM32Cube\repository which I did not select but seems to be the place of install for the files. I have not changed any of the defaults other than the directory of the output files.

I want to emphasize, when this program works, it is a great program because it sets up all the default files and pin muxing and HAL interface layer for you leaving you to go about your coding work.

frankmeyer9
Associate II
Posted on June 03, 2014 at 09:08

As said, I'm not using the CubeMX software, and I'm not planning it in the near future.

My next guess would be your OS. Not sure how extensively it has been tested with 64 Bit Windows versions. And second, CubeMX is rather new, what in the software business usually equals ''not mature''. You can try a test installation on a 'cleaner' 32 Bit Windows, i.e. with less other, possibly interfering applications.

If you are a commercial customer, I would suggest to contact an ST representative or FAE directly.

Posted on June 03, 2014 at 09:45

There is a dedicated subforum at https://my.st.com/public/STe2ecommunities/mcu/Lists/STM32Java/AllItems.aspx , you should repost there.

JW
stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on June 19, 2014 at 17:06

Hello David,

Is project creation with STM32CubeMX stable now for you?

Thanks.

alegasalv
Associate
Posted on June 23, 2014 at 17:51

Hi, I'm having almost the same problem.

I've installed STM32CubeMX as it says. I've created a new project for my STM32F4Discovery Board, and generated the files for the toolchain MDK-ARMv4.73, but it does not generate the projects files, I don't know why. Although it's copying  the necesary files to the folder.

I've got the MDK-ARMv5.0 and the MDK-ARMv4.74 installed on my Notebook. It's a Lenovo Ideapad U410 with Windows 8.1

Can anyone help me please?

Thks

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on September 26, 2014 at 13:10

What happens when after generating the code, you click ''Open project'' in the dialog window?

Please upgrade to STM32CubeMX 4.3.1 and let us know if you still encounter an issue.

Best Regards