cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32429I-EVAL camera not working

danielturcanu
Associate II
Posted on December 02, 2013 at 08:36

I am trying to use the camera on STM32429I-EVAL, but cannot make it work.

I took some code from Std-Periphs 1.3.0 which should demo the camera for 437, adapted it to start the camera on my board, but still cannot make it work.

The camera (OV2640) starts fine, gets initialized, but doesn't send the proper VSYNC signal. It is always kept 0. The PCLK and data look fine.

I didn't bother to verify the initialization values for OV 2640, I assume that if they worked for the 437I board, they should work for 429I. Or maybe the camera clock changed in the new board? I couldn't find the value for the camera clock in the User Manual.

So did anyone manage to use this camera?

Thanks,

Daniel
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on December 02, 2013 at 17:32

PB7 (DCMI VSYNC) looks less conflicted on the STM324x9I-EVAL design

What does your  OV2640_HW_Init() function look like?

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
danielturcanu
Associate II
Posted on December 03, 2013 at 07:32

I modified the OV2640_HW_Init to work with the new GPIO pins, and kept the same settings from the demo. That is, each pin is Mode_AF, Speed_100Mhz, OType_PP, PuPd_UP.

Posted on December 03, 2013 at 15:46

I wasn't looking for a summary.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
danielturcanu
Associate II
Posted on December 05, 2013 at 08:23

My bad, I connected the logic analyzer to a GND pin. I connected now to VSYNC pin and it shows ok. I also had to set the correct DMA buffer size, it was set to 1, I don't know how that value was supposed to work in the demo.

Now the image shows on LCD, but is kind of noisy. I am trying to see how to disable that SAI1_SDA pin, maybe it interferes with the camera data.
qw
Associate
Posted on April 20, 2015 at 03:50

Hello Daniel,

can you share that project with me ?