cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI Communication between two STM32F4 DISCOVERY boards

tmuyesmu
Associate II
Posted on December 02, 2013 at 12:56

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
7 REPLIES 7
Andrew Neil
Evangelist
Posted on December 02, 2013 at 13:45

''I am not entirely sure whether I have configured it correctly and if it is actually sending the data''

An Oscilloscope would be the tool to verify that...

tmuyesmu
Associate II
Posted on December 02, 2013 at 13:52

Hi, unfortunately I do not have access to one. At least not for a while..

nemisha
Associate II
Posted on August 24, 2015 at 22:41

Hey Thomas ,

Did you get solution the problem ? Was wondering , if you could throw some light on it please. Thank you.
Posted on August 24, 2015 at 23:10

Ok, we have four posts from over 9 months ago. Please consider stating your own situation, and context. Ideally with some analysis of things with a scope.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
abinsoftwares
Associate II
Posted on November 21, 2015 at 08:13

Hi,

You were able to identify the resolution?

Thanks

Abin

Posted on November 21, 2015 at 14:22

Look, the forum doesn't ping old posters unless they explicitly set the post/thread to signal, so floating hopeful queries is not going to work.

State what YOU have done. How you have boards connected, what you have tested and observed, and what exactly is and is not working. Look at the signals with a scope.

There have been examples in the peripheral library to link SPI devices (SPI1/2, board to board), look at those and the instructions in the README files related to them. With SPI Master-Slave arrangements there is a one-to-one pin arrangement, RX/TX pins are not swapped around, so MOSI (MASTER SIDE) connects to MOSI (SLAVE SIDE)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
abinsoftwares
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2016 at 19:45

Thank you clive1.