cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of previous Cosmic compiler versions?

jro
Associate III
Posted on December 04, 2015 at 12:05

Hi there

We've just come across a problem which may (not confirmed yet) relate to using a too-recent version of the Cosmic STM8 compiler. My binary works when compiled with 4.3.13, my colleague's does not when using 4.4.2. I think these version numbers are correct, the various elements in use all have different numbers...

Is there anywhere that 4.3.13 or other archive versions of the Cosmic compiler can be downloaded? I have a copy, but it would be reassuring if there was an archive on-line somewhere!

If we figure out the cause of the problem I'll submit a bug report as appropriate.

Best regards

Jonathan
4 REPLIES 4
luca239955_stm1_st
Senior II
Posted on December 04, 2015 at 12:13

Hello,

we'll wait your report to see what the problem is and then we will provide all the necessary support (including old versions, if that's your choice)

Regards,

Luca (Cosmic)

mauro23
Associate
Posted on February 08, 2016 at 14:16

I experencied the same trouble as Jonathan reported.

the case was:

the same Sw, working perfectly when compiled by a colleague with

Cosmic CXSTM8 v.4.3 included the the free package CXSTM8_EVAL,

doesn't work when compiled with CXSTM8 v.4.4 included in the package CXSTM8

of 32K_Compilers suite.

More in details the ''.s19'' first produced with v.4.3 is different from the other resulting from v.4.4

(the last 34 bytes in the program code and the const segment from 8000 to 8080,

the target was STM8S003)

After Installing v.4.3 of Cosmic and reconfigured STVD to the new compiler path, every other setting unchanged, the produced code is ok (and obviously the two binary are identical)

Any idea of compatibility of the two version of Cosmic compilers ?

luca239955_stm1_st
Senior II
Posted on February 08, 2016 at 18:50

Hello,

generally speaking it is normal that compiling the same code with different versions of the compiler you get slightly different binaries/executables: as long as all versions work, this is not a problem and is considered normal behaviour.

This being said, the version 4.4.2 of CxSTM8 has a known problem with the +compact options, that is broken (only this option, only in this version): if you are using this combination please download quickly the latest version available, where this problem is fixed

Regards,

Luca

Mehta.Ritesh
Associate II
Posted on June 08, 2016 at 08:50

Even we have also faced similar issue. It is undestood from Luca's update that it is generally normal. However, for us the differently generated binary fails to work, the software is not working the way it should.

Any idea on this?