Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading STM32F429 firmware using a USB key

ennioaloisini
Associate II
Posted on March 29, 2014 at 19:13

Dear All,

I would like to upgrade / update the STM32F429 firmware using a USB Key.

I have found one application note, but I have not found any working example.

Does anyone have some working example or some advise?

Let me know!

Best regards
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on March 29, 2014 at 19:21

STM32F429I-Discovery_FW_V1.0.1\Projects\FW_upgrade

I've built the STM32F4-DISCO variant.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ennioaloisini
Associate II
Posted on March 31, 2014 at 17:02

Dear Clive1,

thank you very much for the answer and the advise.

Is it possible to use the same code also on the STM32F429 EVAL board changing the

STM32F429I_Discovery file with the EVAL's one?

Let me know!

Best regards

Posted on March 31, 2014 at 17:27

The examples are reasonably portable. You have to pay attention to pin utilization, and differences in crystals (8 MHz vs 25 MHz, and associated PLL settings, and HSE_VALUE)

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Linda
Associate II
Posted on March 11, 2015 at 12:44

Dear Sir,

I am using this program to update my device, after I update the device, it can not automaticly boot after power off. I have to push the reset button each time when I power it on .

Posted on March 11, 2015 at 14:22

I am using this program to update my device, after I update the device, it can not automatically boot after power off. I have to push the reset button each time when I power it on.

You'll probably want to instrument the code so you can identify where and how is locking up, or malfunctioning.