Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX Feature Requests

kevin2399
Associate III
Posted on February 12, 2016 at 19:32

First of all, some suggestions to the forum maintainers and moderators:

1) STM32CubeMX deserves its own category.  It is becoming a very big deal for the users of your products.

2) This topic and another one entitled STM32CubeMX Bug Reports should be stickyed so that we don't have to search through the forum (given that the search capability DOES NOT WORK most of the time).

On to my requests for STM32CubeMX:

1) Please make your logo which is plastered on top of the pins for the BGA and WLCSP parts a little more transparent, or move the info below the graphic. It is very hard to read the pins that are obscured by the logo.

2) I would like to use source control in Atollic TrueStudio with my Cube generated projects.  However, this is difficult to do considering the project generated by the Cube contains links to the folders and files, so version control cannot be implemented without eliminating the major benefit of the Cube - being able to make modifications and incorporate them without impacting the application-specific source code.  This is a major shortcoming of the STM32CubeMX software.  It is not version control-friendly. Making it so should be high on your priority list - I'll even forego my first request if it'll help 😉

2 REPLIES 2
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on March 09, 2016 at 10:56

Hi wired,

1-We cannot create a category by topic, otherwise it will never end. I suggest to use the tag ''STM32CubeMX'' for such topics.

2-You may refer to the

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/release_note/DM00107607.pdf

to know the list of fixed bugs.

3-Regarding your suggestion! I will forward this to our MX team.

-Syrine-

stm32cube-t
Senior III
Posted on March 16, 2016 at 16:15

Dear user,

In our next version 4.14 you will have the option to generate for Eclipse-based IDEs (Atollic TrueStudio, SW4STM32) the project files under the root folder and to use source control systems from within Eclipse workspace.