cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect STM32F4 svd files?

alfbaz
Associate II
Posted on November 09, 2017 at 02:50

So I downloaded en.stm32f4_svd which contains the System View Description (SVD) files for the complete range of F4's

Looking at the STM32F429.svd in particular even though I believe they are all incorrect we have the following...

Under the CPU section there seem to be some values at odds with ST's data sheets, and header files

revision is set as r1p0 rather than r0p1

mpuPresent and fpuPresent are set as false when clearly they are present

nvicPrioBits is set to 3 when in should be 4

Am I misunderstanding something or are these values actually wrong or have I downloaded outdated files (v1.2) ?

Here's the link to the download

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/support/resources/resource-selector.html?querycriteria=productId=LN1806$$resourceCategory=cad_models_and_symbols$$resourceType=svd

4 REPLIES 4
alfbaz
Associate II
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 03:08

bump

Alan Chambers
Associate II
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 11:32

I recently downloaded these files as they might be useful for one of my projects. I did a little processing to diff 427s with 429s (say) and found some discrepancies in the naming of peripherals, registers and fields, and in their descriptions. These aren't errors as such, but the inconsistencies make me question the value of these files. I had assumed that 429 features are a proper superset of 427 features, but these files look to be independently maintained, which muddies the waters by allowing divergence.

Imen.D
ST Employee
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 13:57

Hello,

Thank you for your reported issue. We will check this internally and we will come back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Posted on November 13, 2017 at 16:41

Thanks Imen, I very much appreciate your time