cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer 8 disable problem

sanjib
Associate III
Posted on June 05, 2014 at 16:31

The original post was too long to process during our migration. Please click on the attachment to read the original post.
4 REPLIES 4
chen
Associate II
Posted on June 05, 2014 at 17:28

''I am configuring timer 8 for 87 clocks with r3spect to sys clock (168 mhz) ie approx .5 us .......inside that switch 12 cases are there ......completing 12 cases means 1 cycle''

05.us is not very much time for the processor to execute instructions!

I doubt that the processor can execute a switch statement in 87 clock cycles!

You are expecting the processor to execute an entire switch statement in just 87 clock cycles - have a look at the assembler for the switch code.

sanjib
Associate III
Posted on June 06, 2014 at 07:09

THanks but not the entire switch case only one case 87 clocks.........entire is some what 6.25 us i.e 160 khz all that is happening absolutely fine ......when i am not enabling the timer 3 interrupt ...inside the timer 3 irq the timer 8 is getting enable but timer 8 is getting interrupt even if I dont enable the timer 3 something is making enable the timer 3 .....what may be the problem I doubt TIM8_UP_TIM13_IRQHandler()  creating the problem as tim13 is having global interrupt but how can it be possible as I am not confuguring timer 13 ,,,, this is srewing my head...Any help

sanjib
Associate III
Posted on June 06, 2014 at 07:43

THanks sorry ignore the previous post. but not the entire switch case only one case 87 clocks.........entire is some what 6.25 us i.e 160 khz all that is happening absolutely fine when i am not enabling the timer 3 interrupt .Inside the timer 3 irq the timer 8 is getting enable but timer 8 is getting interrupt even if I dont enable the timer  something is making enable the timer 3 . TIM8_UP_TIM13_IRQHandler()  is not creating any problem. the main problem is the timer 8 is not getting disable after pulsewidth = 160 i.e happening fine without timer 3

sanjib
Associate III
Posted on June 06, 2014 at 15:04

Thanks I dont need help I have found the problem and rectify it