Did you mean: 

UART to CAN in STM32F103RB ???

aybala5
Associate II
Posted on January 01, 2014 at 15:11

Hello Friends,

Using STM32F103RB how can it be done:

--->>

RS232(RX Recieve Message)---(Process Message)--CANBUS(Transmit Meesage)

--->

Wait for response(interrupt, poll vs.)...

--->CANBUS(Recieve Meesage) --

(Process Message)

--RS232(TX Transmit Message) ----->

Shortly I wanna do protocol conversion between rs232 and can.

Many thanks and good year to all of you.

#uart-can-stm32f103rb
5 REPLIES 5
Andrew Neil
Chief II
Posted on January 01, 2014 at 16:44

Haven't you already asked this on a Linkedin group - and received a load of good replies?

Andrew Neil
Chief II
aybala5
Associate II
Posted on January 01, 2014 at 19:16

Mr Neil,

First of all tnks for the link below. I havent seen it, but even if it isnt so helpful for me. I expect example programs for similar protocol coversıon applications on the www. I believe i know can, i am looking for stm32 routines for this requirements.  Hope there is more beneficial sources.

Thanks.

Posted on January 01, 2014 at 20:27

As someone who did engineering before the web, I expect ''developers'' to be able to creating things without it. There aren't always going to be neatly packaged solutions ready to download, and when teachers set problems and projects they really don't expect to get code written by others Googled from the web. I could certainly create a complete worked example, it doesn't appear to be an overly complicated problem, but I'm not sure how that benefits me? Are you good at shoveling snow?

The samples and examples provided by ST in their library can do elements of what you're asking, you could run and evaluate them, and with a little skill integrate them together. Several eval/dev boards have CAN interfaces, and further examples.

Break the task into smaller pieces which you have the ability to solve.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
aybala5
Associate II
Posted on January 01, 2014 at 21:48

Mr Clive,

Ofcourse it can be and it may have various solution on the www, you ask me to google and at the same time say engineering, if so we can start from reference manual no one needs such forms. The form is because SHARING i believe, if you say google instead of direct someone so what is the point. I havent expect someone full code, just configuration and key points for settings. Engineering in today start here, you run somethınk, and than go deeper. Anyway thnks for you response for the topic.