cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report: CubeMX 4.8.0 with STM32F4 1.6.0 asserts from missing parameters in generated code + unused variable

Posted on May 30, 2015 at 00:30

Here are a few parameters that are not filled in by the generated code that are then caught by the 1.6.0 library code:

HAL_TIM_ConfigClockSource needs these values to be filled in with something:

sClockSourceConfig.ClockPrescaler

sClockSourceConfig.ClockPolarity

sClockSourceConfig.ClockFilter

HAL_TIM_Base_Init needs:

htim6.Init.ClockDivision

While you're in there,

stm32f4xx_hal_spi.c has an unused variable at line 2118 (tmpreg)

If warnings are treated as errors, this causes compiles to bomb.

Finally, getting rid of the dates and times in the Inc and Src files is highly appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 01, 2015 at 12:23

Hi Andrei,

Could you please share the .ioc file that helps to reproduce these issues?

Thanks

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

taraben
Senior
Posted on June 01, 2015 at 17:55

I installed CubeMX 4.8 and FW F4 1.6 after completely removing CubeMX 4.7 and all repositories.

But still, when I create a new Project STM32F437VGT it uses FW F4 1.5 ?????

Regards,

Adib.

--

Posted on June 02, 2015 at 01:07

Mayla,

This is an interesting, but common situation; I would like to send you my .ioc file and I have a standing NDA with ST, but I don't have an NDA with the other 6 people that read these forums.

So, here is the .ioc file since it shows the problem but will be changing as the project progresses. In return, please talk to someone at ST to arrange some way that I can send YOU these files without also sending them to China, Russia, and Canada too (damn Canadians!)

The issue shows up in the TIM2 and TIM6 code.

Andrei from The Great White North.

(BTW, Microsoft Sharepoint *****. Please get someone to set the timeout longer so that when I hit ''OK'' (not english) to post this message I don't get some stupid error from the server. (server my ****, servers serve)).

Attachments :

Asserts.ioc : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006HzW9&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bNJ%2FZ7fFeodRLz.2AFlyMqvqQkjrbKZ0bQunioNU3MtVB.A&asPdf=false
Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 03, 2015 at 15:35

Hello Andrei,

Welcome to all your feedbacks and contributions on our forum. But please note that it remains a community space, not the official support channel. You can as well contact your local FAE to report issues you are facing.

Back to this particular case with CubeMX generated code (thanks for sharing your .ioc file :)). I will keep you informed if I have any update to share.

Best Regards

-Mayla-

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on June 12, 2015 at 12:33

Hi Andrei,

It seems that the problem you have reported isn't related to CubeMX but to the TIM driver.

In fact, when internal clock is selected as clock source, the parameters: filter, polarity and prescaler are not needed.

So there is no assert check required in this case.

We will manage to fix this issue in coming releases.

However, in the ''HAL_TIM_Base_Init'' call, the ClockDivision is well initialized within the generated code based on your .ioc file.

With Regards

-Mayla-

yves
Associate
Posted on June 16, 2015 at 16:14

I agree with Andrei regarding:

''Finally, getting rid of the dates and times in the Inc and Src files is highly appreciated.''

Or it would be nice to have the option of not putting the date & time in generated files. I loose a lot of time reviewing generated files to know what to commit in my source control system. I don't want to commit all of the generated files each time I change, say, a timer parameter.

Yves from the Great White North too.