cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX V4.25.0 Bug. CubeMX won't generate EXTI support code.

Posted on May 07, 2018 at 19:27

Create a new project for a DiscoveryF4 or a Nucleo-144 767. Both of these boards has a push button on it.

The disco's button is set for external event mode, set it for External interrupt mode in the GPIO configuration tab. The nucleo already comes set for interrupt mode, do nothing.

Click into the NVIC configuration. Notice that there is no affordance to generate the interrupt support code.

This worked previously but has now regressed.

Andrei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted on May 10, 2018 at 17:57

I determined what my issue is. By default, the 'Show only enabled interrupts' box is selected. This was hiding quite a few interrupt sources.

Thank you for your assistance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III
Posted on May 08, 2018 at 01:22

Are you sure?  Checked all the needed checkboxes in the NVIC settings?

-- pa

Posted on May 08, 2018 at 02:08

Yes, there is no checkbox to check. It's missing.

A while back, I wrote an article on how to do interrupts on an STM32F407 discovery board using the buttons. So after I couldn't figure out how to do it on 4.25.0, I went back to my own instructions and I even say:

Next, click on the device called

NVIC

. The NVIC is ST’s “Nested vectored interrupt controller�. Check the enabled box next to “EXTI line0 Interrupt�. Click Ok.

But the line with the box isn't there anymore.

The best thing is that the button on the Nucleo board, right in Cube, without any modifications, is set for interrupts and the line doesn't show up.

A

Posted on May 10, 2018 at 11:29

Hi

Chichak.Andrei

If using the F767 Nucleo, the button will be on PC13, so you have to select EXTI[15:10] interrupt line

Posted on May 10, 2018 at 17:57

I determined what my issue is. By default, the 'Show only enabled interrupts' box is selected. This was hiding quite a few interrupt sources.

Thank you for your assistance.