cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discovery 32F3xxx Using USB to C# program on PC

dbruere
Associate
Posted on January 10, 2014 at 14:38

In general, how do I go about getting a program I write which runs on the Discovery board to communicate with a PC over one of the USB links? Anyone got a pointer to reference material or examples?

Dirk
4 REPLIES 4
chen
Associate II
Posted on January 10, 2014 at 15:02

Hi

I am not familiar with the STM32F3 discovery board.

There should be a USB demo for it. Look at the ST web site for the F3 discovery board, should have links to downloadable software.

If not, then the USB OTG library (described in UM1021) has code for a USB Device, Comm Device Class (CDC) is the serial port device on the device side.

Human Interface Device (HID) is also a good example to look at on the device side.

(Again available from the ST web site)

On the host (PC) side - you will need to download and install the ST micro VirtualComPort driver in order to communicate with CDC. (Again available from ST web site)

The Windows built in HID driver will talk the USB HID device.

hadjrami
Associate II
Posted on January 10, 2014 at 15:08

You will find every think about usb communicatino here:

http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF258157

The easiest way is to use VCP and communicate using serial port communication in C#

chen
Associate II
Posted on January 10, 2014 at 15:16

Hi

Try this, should be for the STM32F3 Discovery board :

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM116/SC959/SS1532/LN1199/PF254044

Near the bottom of the page

''Related Tools and Software''

Is the link to a software package with examples.

Since it is already for the STM32F3 - there is little work to do to get it working.

I have had to help 1 other person port the STM USB code to another discovery board - total waste of time since the code is already available.

dbruere
Associate
Posted on January 10, 2014 at 15:36

Thanks guys - that's enough for me to progress for the next week or so.

Dirk