cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

halSleepForMillisecondsWithOptions

jacobb
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2014 at 19:03

I'm trying to use the following ST library function to sleep for 15ms. halSleepForMillisecondsWithOptions(15, 0x0); This appears to work but only when I start the code with the debugger. If I just flash the part, the part is periodically reset. It appears to be reset ~2 seconds which is how long the watchdog timer is. My code works great other than entering the sleep mode. It's definitely this function causing the issue.

Has anyone seen this behavior? And does anyone know what to do about it?
4 REPLIES 4
jacobb
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2014 at 19:04

I should probably mention that I am using an STM32w108CB with IAR and a jlink debugger. Thanks.

jacobb
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2014 at 21:24

I may have figured out part of the problem….. When in debug mode we are technically in a simulated deep sleep so the core isn't powered down. When i just flash the part I get a periodic reset because the core voltage is dropping too low. Maybe I need more external capacitance on the core voltage line? Is there are recommended layout for this part with external decoupling capacitor values?

Posted on January 15, 2014 at 21:51

That would probably be a BULK capacitor designed to provide charge, not a decoupling one designed to suppress rapid spikes.

Hasn't ST quietly shelved the STM32W108? Pretty sure they had a couple of reference boards back in the day

http://www.emcu.it/STM32/STM32Wxx/STM32W108B-TALK/STM32W108B-TALK.html

http://www.st.com/web/en/resource/technical/document/data_brief/DM00034971.pdf

There isn't much experience/traffic on the forum related to the W108, and ST has most of the radio stuff isn't generally available.
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jacobb
Associate II
Posted on January 15, 2014 at 22:31

I'm updating my bulk capacitor right now. I'll let you know how that goes.

Yes, the w108 is going out of service. My company likes the Zigbee stack on this part and we may be working with ST in the future to design an ASCI for us based on this part. We really just need it for prototypes right now so it's ok that it's going out of service……except for the fact that no one uses it so help on the subject is sparse. 🙂