Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked stm32w108

jacobb
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2014 at 17:52

Hi,

I was unhappy with the ST provided libraries for sleep modes for the stm32w108 so I decided to write my own. I have managed to brick two different boards while messing around with sleep registers. These are custom boards that haven't really had issues before. It seems directly related to trying to write my own sleep mode drivers.

Anyway, I am unable to connect to the board any more. I'm using a j-link debugger and I've tried the following:

Tried reflashing the part through IARs debug tools. This produces the following errors:

''Failed to get CPU status after 4 retries''

Tried to connect with jlink commander which gives these errors while trying to connect:

''Could not power-up system power domain''

Tried using STM32 ST-LINK Utility. Just can't connect to the device.

Is there any way to unlock this device again?

4 REPLIES 4
jdcowpland
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2014 at 18:00

Not sure if it would work, but you could always try loading the original firmware into it using the bootloader?

jacobb
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2014 at 18:03

The original firmware? This is a custom application I believe the original firmware was just a blank part. The problem seems to be that I just can't connect to the devices any longer. By the way, I just tried the jlink stm32 unlock tool and I get basically the same issue. ''Could not identify the stm32 device'' and ''Error identifying ARM Cortex-M core.''

Posted on January 14, 2014 at 18:42

Pull nBOOTMODE low at reset so it doesn't run your broken code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
jacobb
Associate II
Posted on January 14, 2014 at 21:21

This worked! Thanks.