Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIM_6Steps

patrick_seeboerger
Associate II
Posted on April 23, 2014 at 16:54

Hi all together,

I want to test the TIM_6Steps from the ''STM32F4xx_DSP_StdPeriph_Lib_V1.3.0'' Library with the STM32F4-Discovery-Board which uses the STM32F407VGT6.

The compiler does not send any error but I do not get any output signal!!!

I have added the code in the appendix. I only use the output PE11 instead of PA10 for TIM1 output Channel3.

If someone of you has got any idea what I should do to get the program working,

please let me know!

Thank you.

Best regards,

Patrick

7 REPLIES 7
Posted on April 23, 2014 at 17:17

And a very basic ''blinkey'' program on the same board with the same programming environment does work?

JW
Posted on April 23, 2014 at 17:54

I only use the output PE11 instead of PA10 for TIM1 output Channel3.

PE11 is Channel 2. PE13 is Channel 3

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 23, 2014 at 18:20

It's OK, Clive. In the appended source, PE13 *is* instead of PA10.

The problem may be in the files we don't see, e.g. clock settings, incorrectly linked ISRs, incorrect hardware setting (BKIN pin should be switchable between hi and lo, although the doc doesn't say why and I don't wish to understand it from code), or even lack of basic functionality of the board or programming environment - that's why I asked for the ''blinkey''.

JW

patrick_seeboerger
Associate II
Posted on April 24, 2014 at 09:56

Hi, when I download the Example ''TIM_PWM_Output'' to the board it works pretty fine! After that I have only copied the main.c from the ''TIM_6Step'' to the main of the ''TIM_PWM_Output'' example and it does not work although the startup file and the others are the same as the files from example ''TIM_6Step''.

The other thing is, when I try the ''Complementary output example project'' it also does not work!!!

Later I want to go on to produce a three phase sinus modulation, that`s why I thought it would be useful to start with the TIM_6step example!

Thank you.

Posted on April 24, 2014 at 10:05

> the startup file and the others are the same as the files from example ''TIM_6Step''.

I don't know where you took these projects from, but NO, THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

JW

Posted on April 24, 2014 at 14:14

Use a debugger and scope to refine ''does not work''

Make sure you have interrupt handlers set up properly
Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
patrick_seeboerger
Associate II
Posted on April 24, 2014 at 15:12

Thanks,

I got it working now.

I had to import also the stm32f4xx_it.c file

because interrupt handling is concerning on a

function written in this file.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Patrick