Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems leaving ADC_Conv_CpltCallback function

patrick_seeboerger
Associate II
Posted on March 10, 2017 at 13:00

Hallo together,

I am using a STM32Nucleo-Board with the STM32F401RE-Controller in combination with the PLC expansion board.

I have used the Cube MX tool to generate the initialization for the peripherie constisting of one ADC Channel PA0 and

one SPI interface.

Now I want to get the ADC value inside the ADC interrupt function, leave the Callback function when I got the actual value and control the digital outputs of the PLC-expansion board via SPI.

My problem is that my program does not leave the callback function and always reads out the ADC.

I tried to use the function  HAL_ADC_Stop_IT(&hadc1) in the Callback function but that did not help to solve the problem.

Can anybody tell me the way to leave the HAL_ADC_ConvCpltCallback function and return back to the code

in the while(1)-function.

You can find my code attached in text-file.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Patrick

4 REPLIES 4
T J
Lead
Posted on March 11, 2017 at 02:41

Hi,

I had a look, my simple method is a little naughty...

maybe you can work it a different way.

in your code:

/* USER CODE BEGIN 0 */

void HAL_ADC_ConvCpltCallback(ADC_HandleTypeDef* hadc){

U_ZK = HAL_ADC_GetValue(&hadc1);

adcUpdated = true;    // added this line to let the foreground know the conversion is completed

}

char adcUpdated; // added this declaration here to make the Variable visible throughout the code.

int U_ZK;               // added this declaration here to make the Variable visible throughout the code.

/* USER CODE END 0 */

int main(void)

{

while(1){

if(adcUpdated){

adcUpdated = false;

printf('ADC value %04x\n\r',U_ZK);

}

}

in my code, I only initialise the interrupt once.

and I never deinitialise it.

once the conversion is started the ADC results just get updated in the background

but I use DMAs, so its slightly different.

Posted on March 13, 2017 at 12:59

Hi Nick,

thanks for your reply.

My problem is that I do not leave the callback-function.

Concerning to UM1725 Interrupt mode IO operation should work as described below:

Start the ADC peripheral using HAL_ADC_Start_IT()

Use HAL_ADC_IRQHandler() called under ADC_IRQHandler() Interrupt subroutine

At ADC end of conversion HAL_ADC_ConvCpltCallback() function is executed and user can add his own code by customization of function pointer HAL_ADC_ConvCpltCallback

In case of ADC Error, HAL_ADC_ErrorCallback() function is executed and user can add his own code by customization of function pointer HAL_ADC_ErrorCallback

Stop the ADC peripheral using HAL_ADC_Stop_IT()

What kind of microcontroller did you use?

Maybe it is different to the STM32F401RE...

Thank you.

Best regards,

Patrick

Posted on March 13, 2017 at 13:15

Yes, I am using the STM32F091

Are you using uV5 ?

Did you pay for the license ?

Not sure how I can pay

:(

That’s why I am stuck with the ‘091 today

I found you have to disable all breakpoints first, then it will single step, then you can insert a breakpoint ok.

You are a few weeks ahead of me…

My new terminal board is based on the STM32F767 -208

I will be initialising the SDRAM hopefully this week.

Attachments :

image003.jpg : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Hynr&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bCa%2F3P.yqUfoWwWsHsyo_f6gE2OLrJFfHrId5cW67HOu11s&asPdf=false

image004.jpg : https://st--c.eu10.content.force.com/sfc/dist/version/download/?oid=00Db0000000YtG6&ids=0680X000006Hynm&d=%2Fa%2F0X0000000bCb%2FhPNosv3C4cgKOGQ1e6AnulPp_YBcDLW1LvVjd9uwqM8&asPdf=false
Posted on March 13, 2017 at 17:23

Hi Nick,

today I found out that I had some problems with the debugger, so the code works quite fine!

Yes I use µVision4 V5 but I also only use the freeware with the limited code size at the moment!

Thank you for your hints!

I wish you good luck with your STM32F7 🙂

Best regards,

Patrick