cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG discovery status = 0x41 (BLE_STATUS_FAILED)

kukushonok
Associate II
Posted on February 25, 2015 at 14:53

Hello,

I have the following issues with scanning of ble devices:

1. When master has already connected to 1 slave very

rarely

received

SCAN_RSP (just ADV_IND).

2. When master has already conneced to 2 slaves function aci_gap_start_general_discovery_proc returns LE_STATUS_FAILED.

Can I run scanning of ble devices when several slaves already connected to master?

Regards,

Andrei Kukenov.

6 REPLIES 6
Posted on February 27, 2015 at 12:47

Hi Andrei,

Maybe the error is due to an incorrect setting of connection parameters.

You can run the scripts Multiple_Connection_Master_Role.py and Multiple_Connection_Slave_Role.py, that shows how to connect one master with more slaves.

You can find them under the folder: ''..\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG DK 1.6.0\Application\scripts''.

In add, if you open them, it' s possible to understand how to configure the connection parameters.

Regards,

Graziella

kukushonok
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2015 at 13:59

Hi,

Thank you very much

for your answer

!!!

I found that if I set

less stringent

connection params the scanning

though slowly

but works

. But I need high performance, when I set min and max connection params to '20'

I get a very low throughput (about 20 packet per second).  In ..\STMicroelectronics\BlueNRG DK 1.6.0\Application\scripts'' set:  Conn_Interval_Min=0x30 and           Conn_Interval_Max=0x30

that does not allow

me to

get the required

performance

1. What connection params (for max performance) I need to set if I want to work with several (2-3) slaves

simultaneously?

2. How many packets from slave to master I can receive if I have 2/3 active connection?

3. Earlier, I asked how can I abort the scanning process(less than 10.24s), and you recommended to use Aci_Gap_Terminate_Gap_Procedure with the procedure code set to 0x02, this function realy works but until after 10.24 seconds from the start scanning I can not restart scanning or connet to slave because I get status = ERR_COMMAND_DISALLOWED, can I abort scanning and connect to slave as soon as receive EVT_BLUE_GAP_PROCEDURE_COMPLETE event?

Regards,

Andrei Kukenov

Posted on February 27, 2015 at 14:33

Hi Andrei,

about question 3) I'm not agree with you, after the command ACI_GAP_TERMINATE_GAP_PROCEDURE, you can restart another scanning or create a connection without any problem.

regards,

graziella

matej
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2015 at 15:18

Hello Andrei and Graziella!

I have same problems with resending commands after events GAP_PROCEDURE_COMPLETE or GATT_PROCEDURE_COMPLETE. It's obviously that there are some issues with timings - referring to limitation of fw version 6.4 or trying to perform gatt_write functions as long as function returns ble_status_not_allowed or timer expire (referring to chat example code).

ID 676: GATT procedure fails if it is started as soon as a EVT_BLUE_GATT_PROCEDURE_COMPLETE is received (a ~100ms delay was needed)

BR,

Matej

Posted on February 27, 2015 at 15:34

Hi,

the limitation is about GATT procedure, instead we are referring to GAP procedure.

regards,

kukushonok
Associate II
Posted on February 27, 2015 at 15:50

HI, Graziella and Matej

Thank a lot for your reply,

<<

about question 3) I'm not agree with you, after the command ACI_GAP_TERMINATE_GAP_PROCEDURE, you can restart another scanning or create a connection without any problem.

>> Ok, I will double check it

Can you clarify questions 1 and 2?

Regards,

Andrei Kukenov