cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG spi is not ready

kukushonok
Associate II
Posted on August 31, 2014 at 12:45

In our device, we use BLUENRGGCSP module (marking on the chip: BLUENRG AZ 001  P6 TW 4 18) in WLCSP34 package. We also have BlueNRG Eval Kit.  In our device and in the Evaluation board, we use the same firmware (bluenrg_6_3_Mode_2-16MHz.img) of the BlueNRG module.

Description of the problem:                                                                                                        

When we try to send any command to the BLUENRG very often first byte of the SPI header (Ready byte) is not equal 0x02, which means that SPI is not ready.  Often we need to do 8-10 attempts to send commands, which greatly reduces the throughput.  When we run the same test on the Evaluation board (BlueNRG Eval Kit) the same problem does not occur when jumper JP1 (on the BlueNRG Eval Kit) is in 2-3 position (i.e. FTEST connected to VDD), if we set JP1 to 1-2 position (i.e. FTEST to GND) same problem occurs.  Can you explain what the purpose of this jumper? Table 2 (DM0092683.pdf) shows that TEST10 (FTEST) must be connected to GND, is it right?

#spi-is-not-ready #jp1 #ftest
2 REPLIES 2
Posted on November 20, 2014 at 14:54

Hi Andrei,

at the following link:

http://www.st.com/st-web-ui/static/active/en/resource/technical/document/application_note/DM00116738.pdf?s_searchtype=keyword

you can download the application note AN4494 that explains some procedures must be carried out to finalize the application.

Anyway, Kindly can you tell me  the name of document DM0092683.pdf.

Best regards,

Graziella Marchese

In our device, we use BLUENRGGCSP module (marking on the chip: BLUENRG AZ 001  P6 TW 4 18) in WLCSP34 package. We also have BlueNRG Eval Kit.  In our device and in the Evaluation board, we use the same firmware (bluenrg_6_3_Mode_2-16MHz.img) of the BlueNRG module.

Description of the problem:                                                                                                        

When we try to send any command to the BLUENRG very often first byte of the SPI header (Ready byte) is not equal 0x02, which means that SPI is not ready.  Often we need to do 8-10 attempts to send commands, which greatly reduces the throughput.  When we run the same test on the Evaluation board (BlueNRG Eval Kit) the same problem does not occur when jumper JP1 (on the BlueNRG Eval Kit) is in 2-3 position (i.e. FTEST connected to VDD), if we set JP1 to 1-2 position (i.e. FTEST to GND) same problem occurs.  Can you explain what the purpose of this jumper? Table 2 (DM0092683.pdf) shows that TEST10 (FTEST) must be connected to GND, is it right?

alexandereberhardt9
Associate II
Posted on July 04, 2016 at 12:41

Is there a solution for the problem. I have the same issue. I need 8 to 10 attempts to get ''SPI Ready''.

I use BlueNRG MS FW 7.2a