cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU mode driver v3.0.4

john239955
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2014 at 17:30

The DFUse software package (STSW-STM32080, version 3.0.3) comes with the USB Tube driver (STTub30.sys) version 3.0.1.  This driver works for me on Windows 7, but does not work on Windows 8 for me.  At some point in time, some software installed version 3.0.4 of the USB Tube Driver, and that version works great.  I would like to find the official ST Micro source for the USB Tube driver version 3.0.4; can anyone tell me where to find official releases of this driver?

5 REPLIES 5
Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on February 03, 2014 at 18:16

Dear John,

The Tube driver (DFU driver) is not given in sources file and we provide it only as binary. the latest version is already available at Microsoft web site and once you plug a DFU device with our standard VID/PID, it will be automatically updated smoothly from windows update web site , of course if you have a web connection, then it will select the latest certified/qualified driver based on your OS version etc.

Cheers,

STOne-32.

PS: we will have a new version of the DfuSe including latest drivers by Q1/2014 in comings weeks.

john239955
Associate II
Posted on February 03, 2014 at 18:41

Thanks for the prompt reply!  For some reason, the automatic download from Microsoft isn't working on this laptop.  Is there a place to download the driver binaries directly?

john239955
Associate II
Posted on February 04, 2014 at 15:31

To clarify:

• Windows Update does not have the latest driver
  • I'm looking to find the official release, so I can package drivers for several architectures into a software installer
  • Binaries are preferable to source, so it's fine that you don't provide source

tr2
Associate
Posted on March 13, 2014 at 00:26

Hi

Do a seach for STMicro Sensor Hub Driver 3.0.4.0 on Google

You will find a link to Acer and other places than contains the STTub30.sys x64 3.0.4 version

I do  look forward to the official release from ST though and dont really understand why it isnt there yet

Cheers

Teddy

ben23
Associate
Posted on July 29, 2014 at 14:28

Hi,

Has this been released yet?

Thanks,

Ben.