Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming with ride 7 and Rlink

anand
Associate
Posted on May 05, 2014 at 13:11

Hi,

I have programmed my stm32f103 E2prom code, which communicates with E2prom IC trhough SPI, with Rlink ( Raisonance).After this I have tried to program the same IC with some other code, it throws error like below.

'' unable to read Device Id:SWDIO is always low.Please check target power''

Note:

all power and everything is correct.

I have checked the same in different board same result, and I just don't know why it is not allowing me to program after programming 1st program.

Is the controller is blown, Please let me know if there is any other manner I can program the chip.

Thanks in advance for help

Anand

2 REPLIES 2
Posted on May 05, 2014 at 15:38

If your code is breaking the GPIO pins for the SWD/JTAG interface, or doing other things that cause the connection to fail, then you can pull BOOT0 High and reset the part into System Loader mode. This will permit you to erase the other code, and program in something new.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
daviddavid93
Associate II
Posted on May 12, 2014 at 10:30

Hi,

This kind of situation can happen if the RST signal is not connected from the debug connector to the target device (or if it is parasited by a third component) and if the application disables debug (as Clive said).

The other explanation would be that you have activated some unremovable protection. (RDP lvl2) But this is very unlikely.

Please make sure RST is connected from the RLink to the STM32. Many people think this connection is optional. It is not: Without it you cannot erase a device programmed with an application that disables debug. (and there are quite a number of wrong designs hanging around, and some of them have already been used as ''reference''... ;/ )

Please also check if there are other components on the board that might interfere with the SWD/RST signals. The RLink and STM32 must be able to drive those signals whenever they need to. Even a too large capacitor on RST can prevent proper operation.

If the RLink cannot drive RST and there is no way for you to correct that, then Clive's workaround should work too, and I don't see any other option. (unsoldering the MCU...)

To know if you have activated some permanent protection, we would need details about your project (including source code) and the way you programmed the device. (which software, commands, options, etc.) You can send this to support@raisonance.com if it is confidential and you cannot put it on the forum.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Vincent (Raisonance support)