cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save audio file generated on the MEMS microphone eval board

aaron23
Associate
Posted on February 06, 2014 at 20:01

Hello. I have received the eval board, STEVAL-MKI138VI, for use with the MEMS microphone, MP34DT01. I have connected the device to my PC, and have downloaded the AP Workbench software to my PC. While I am able to replay the recorded audio sample on my computer, I am unable to access the PDM file to save it.  It seems that the ''settings'' button on the scope screen is disabled.  Can anyone help with this issue?

#mems-microphone #evaluation-boar
3 REPLIES 3
Marco VENERI
Associate II
Posted on February 07, 2014 at 11:34

Hi Aaron,

In order to operate the STEVAL-MKI138V1 board with APWorkbench you'll have to select ''USB Digital Voice Recorder'' mode on the tool launch wizard. Also, the board needs to be properly recognized by the PC and should appear in the ''Select USB port'' list.

Recording of the upstreamed audio can be controlled through the ''Start''/''Stop'' buttons - the file will be saved in PCM .wav format - not PDM.

The ''Settings...'' button is disable, you're right though both the scope and FFT monitors can be independently configured by right-clicking on each scope. A pop-up panel will show various options such as FFT length, averaging, overlapping and sweep-time.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

aaron23
Associate
Posted on March 04, 2014 at 19:39

Hello Marco.  Thank you for your reply.  I actually need to save or export the audio for further processing.  I have been able to record audio (for temporary playback) using the on-screen buttons, however I am not able to access the signal/file content for further analysis.  I would like to find a way to export the recording for further analysis in Matlab, for example.

Best regards,

Aaron

par_moslemi
Associate
Posted on July 10, 2014 at 17:59

Hi, I have the same problem. and I could not active the setting tap also.